Absorbing, mysterious; of infinite richness, this life - Virginia Woolf


Monday, November 22, 2010

Korčula, Croatia

Have just returned from a weekend staying in a friend's holiday house on the Croatian coast. Spent two days or so of driving along winding Bosnian, Herzegovinian and Croatian roads, tasting wine, playing cards, cuddling up in front of open fires, cooking and tucking into heaving group meals. It was all idyllic, until I came back home last night only to spend 24 hours more or less continually glued to the internet and watching in fascinated horror as Ireland dramatically and spectacularly imploded. Today was the equivalent of watching a landslide happen in slow motion, albeit one that's been foreseen and predicted far in advance. A landslide that people have argued and fought and in-fought about so frantically for so long that in the end, no one actually noticed when it started.

I'm quite exhausted from the whole thing. So in lieu of writing about how lovely Korčula is, here are some photos to simply show you instead. Because that means - yes! - I have a new camera. Nikon is back! And as a friend aptly put it to me the other day, I'm glad I have my security blanket back :)


How to hide a winery...

pomegranates



No comments:

Post a Comment