Absorbing, mysterious; of infinite richness, this life - Virginia Woolf


Thursday, December 9, 2010

Snijeg!

SNOW!

I can't help it, I get excited about snow. I'm Irish: I was reared on a reality where three inches of snow meant school was cancelled and you were officially given permission to stay wrapped up in a warm bed listening to the muffled silence outside for as long as you liked before spending the rest of the day frolicking like a toddler.

The snow arrived while I was in Zenica at a conference organised by one of the field offices. To give you an idea of how bizarre the Bosnian climate is, it was 18 degrees Celsius when we arrived at 10am; when we left at 4pm, it was 0 degrees with a raging blizzard and psychedelic purple lightening. It was a fun drive back to Sarajevo.

Here are some photos of the vantage point from my window tonight, as I sit here wrapped up on my sofa in a duvet, drinking tea, and dreaming of snowmen tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment